Aether Filled Sky Productions is a place for the written worlds of Matthew Ess.
Currently in Production:
- Lions of Judah
- A space opera with mechs, espionage, fighter battles, and religious orders.
- Worlds of Rozal
- A diesel-and-steam-punk mech tabletop RPG with flying ships and with a large dose of fae and the supernatural.
- Potentes Limen
- A Classical Era-flavored world-hopping light tabletop RPG with magical swords and crossbows, talking gods, and mystical powers. Inspired by Dungeon World, Call of Cthulhu, an off-hand comment on a post by Brian Niemeier, and a love of old myths and legends, especially the Greco-Roman and Sino-Japanese ones.
Currently on pause:
- Crystal Stars
- A universe of aether and crystalline stars, with diesel (and even steam) ships plying the currents between worlds as giant creatures prowl the darker corners of known space.
- Wild in Plain Sight
- A fae-blood tabletop RPG; inspired by Don’t Rest Your Head.
- Sagas of the Vinlanders
- A Dungeon World-based tabletop RPG set in semi-mythical Norse North American colonies (with Bronze-Age natives.)